John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I need to replace the touch control panel on a jean-air

Customer Question

I need to replace the touch control panel on a jean-air 8114P73260.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the model number? All you have listed is the manufacture number. And do you have the touch control panel already or do you still need to order it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has a date 8114P73260 (10-04-01). Where would I find a model number? I have the original touch control panel, but the display does not work at all. It was also behaving erratically: random beeps and resets.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

That is not the model still as you probably know. The model should be located on a sticker around the bottom frame of the oven so you'll need to remove the lower front panel and look at the bottom frame for a sticker, usually on the right side

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has a date 8114P73260 (10-04-01). Where would I find a model number? I have the original touch control panel, but the display does not work at all. It was also behaving erratically: random beeps and resets.I removed the front panel, the one that goes from below the oven door to the floor. There was no model number sticker, only and envelope with a wiring diagram.Also last week when I looked inside the touch panel, there was a sticker on the electronic board that said SMD70753.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Once again, the model should be located on a sticker around the bottom frame of the oven so you'll need to remove the lower front panel and look at the bottom frame for a sticker, usually on the right side

And if the display doesn't work, that has nothing to do with the touch control panel.