John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Uline Ice Maker BI2115. The unit will not get cold. At one

Customer Question

Uline Ice Maker BI2115. The unit will not get cold. At one point i left the switch on and it started working. Only lasted for 3 weeks then stopped cooling again. I don't think it is the switch because when I turn it on i hear a small humming noise and the metal plate above the rake gets hot. Any suggestions? In 2014 the condenser was replaced and in 2011 the water valve and 90 degree adapter was replaced. Is this model just a bad unit?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Can you explain what you mean by "metal plate above the rake gets hot"?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It may be a part of the ice maker assembly
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

that doesn't help. I don't know what part you are talking about. Can you please try to describe what you're talking about?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see any way to remove the ice maker assembly or I would do that to explain better if it is attached
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

sorry, again that doesn't help. If you can't explain what I'm asking for you're going to need to call a technician out to service the unit onsite.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is on the left side of the ice maker Toward the top of to the refrigerator next to the rake. Can you instruct me how to remove the icemaker assembly so I can further describe the part?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would be the reasons that the ice maker would not get cold?