Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Kitchenaid dishwasher Model #KUDP01L Suds in unit after

Customer Question

Kitchenaid dishwasher Model #KUDP01L
Suds in unit after cycle.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So if you cleaned out the dishwasher and it still creates suds at the end of the cycle, the only thing that creates suds in the dishwasher is the rinse agent. Dishwasher detergent doesn't actually create suds so even if there was too much detergent you'd never see any suds. That being said, try to adjust the rinse agent dial down to the lowest setting. If you still gets suds with no dishes in the dishwasher, then you know that the rinse agent is leaking or putting out too much rinse agent and the dispenser would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Will not be able to run dishwasher until tomorrow. Where would I adjust the rinse agent dial?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Unscrew the rinse aid cap on the dispenser. Below the cap is a dial that you can turn to adjust the amount of rinse agent dispensed.