Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our Frigidaire electrolux gallery series electric oven,

Customer Question

Our Frigidaire electrolux gallery series electric oven, about 10-12 yrs old, gave a loud pop and is not working. Is it economical to repair? I saw something on You tube that sounded like it might be the timer. There is little black on the bottom left of the control panel.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So yes, if the cooktop still heats up, this is a common issue where the L2 relay on the display board shorted out so the entire display/timer will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue I'm sorry to say. Below is a link to the display board you'd need to order for your model number.

CLICK HERE for display board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it worth replacing the control board on an oven this old and is it difficult to replace, eg could a novice swap it out?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

It's easy to replace, all plug and play. So if you're willing to replace the part yourself I think it's definitely worth repairing since the part will be less than $200.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?