John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have kenmore model106.58282890 I'm getting burning wire

Customer Question

I have kenmore model106.58282890 I'm getting burning wire smell & along the side(left) it feels hotter than the rest of it anywhere else
Category: Appliance
Expert:  rob clement replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will try and help you today.From your description the first thing I suspect is a bad condenser fan motor.Can you pull the unit out and get to the back?Check to see if the fan is running/

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can't right now I have people coming over & maybe I can try this tommorrow what do I need to look for?

Take the cover on the back of the unit and check to see if the fan in there is working.If it is working,check the coil and make sure they are clean,just pull the kickplate on the front off and clean the coils .If you need any help just respond back to me.