Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have an Ultra Wave microwave Hood Combination that has

Customer Question

I have an Ultra Wave microwave Hood Combination that has quit heating. The clock and kitchen timer still work, the glass turntable still moves, but nothing heats!! I get a F-9 code on the display. I spoke with a representative last night and he suggested unplugging it for a few minutes. That failed also. Any suggestions so I can avoid a service call? Irene
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

The F9 error code indicates an inverter failure. This can sometimes by caused by a power surge or glitch through the electrical lines. You can sometimes clear this fault by completely unplugging the microwave for 1 minute. Plug it back in and see if the fault code returns. If it does, then you have an internal component failure and because microwaves are extremely dangerous to work on we highly suggest you call a qualified repair technician. There is no other solution to fix that error if you have unplugged it and restored power and it still gets the error.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that
you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page
or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find
but it's there). Rating me will not in any affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.
TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

Hi this is Joel,
I was just wondering if you had any other questions for me, if not could you please go ahead

and help me out by giving me a rating, its real easy you simply click on the far right star

where it says Rating on your screen. Thanks Again!