John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Have a front load automatic washer. 2 mos old. Loaded washer

Customer Question

Have a front load automatic washer . 2 mos old. Loaded washer with towels. Closed door. Power light does not come on but makes chime tone when pressed. Washer will not start and lock light comes on. Cannot open door. Have used control lock feature but that will not release door. Checked power all appears ok. What next?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is a whirlpool washer
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

The control lock just locks the control board so you or any one can not start the machine.

Control Lock Touch and hold for 3 seconds to lock the controls to avoid unwanted changes or operation.

Touch and hold 3 seconds again to unlock. For each second CONTROL LOCK is held down, the display will count down one second: you will see “3,” then “2,” then “1.” You can still touch START to pause the cycle, or touch POWER to turn off the washer.

Make sure the control lock is not turned on ,then try to turn the unit on ,select any cycle and press and hold start for three seconds.

will it then start?

Do you still need assistance on your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I fixed the thing by hitting a gf switch on other side of room . I notified just answer when fixed which was within moments of my submitting question