Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Samsung French door refrigerator - freezer is off, not

Customer Question

Samsung French door refrigerator - freezer is off, not making ice and display panel shows 0F 0F but will show temps when pushed. Taking all the freezer stuff out now and putting in garage freezer. Help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So it's actually rather difficult to accidently put the refrigerator into demo mode. This is a common way for the Samsung refrigerators to fail so it may not be able to be reset. To try to reset the issue, press and hold 2 buttons together. These two buttons are the POWER FREEZE and ENERGY SAVER mode buttons together for 5 seconds and that will exit demo mode. If it doesn't exit, unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes and try again. If it still won't work, you need a new display board because the display board has failed.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.