Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag top loading washer thats 4 years old and

Customer Question

I have a Maytag top loading washer thats 4 years old and make the loudest noise only during the spin cycle. What causes this?
Thank you, Dan.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the unit is only making the loud noise during spin, it means that your main bearing and seal are going out and the entire bearing and seal would need to be replaced. Whirlpool actually makes Maytag since 2006 so below is a video that shows you how to replace the parts if you're handy enough to do it yourself. Order the parts that they list in the beginning of the video as those are the parts you need.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.