Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I used precision-clean last night and this morning, the oven

Customer Question

I used precision-clean last night and this morning, the oven has no power at all and the door is locked. The breaker wasn't tripped, but I turned it off and on again--still no power. Any ideas? It is a double oven and is built into a cabinet, so I can't just slide it out to check the plug.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately it sounds like your thermal fuse failed when you self cleaned. On most of these double ovens by Whirlpool there is a thermal fuse mounted to the back of the display board. The thermal fuse would need to be replaced if your model has a thermal fuse. If it doesn't have a thermal fuse and the oven is getting 220 volts from your house, then the display board itself is shorted and would need to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.