Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My LG dishwasher (model LDF6920) intermittently shuts down

Customer Question

My LG dishwasher (model LDF6920) intermittently shuts down in the initial stage and gives an error code of "E 1," which is the error code for "water leak." However there is no water leak when washer is pulled and inspected. I see no "water leak sensor" in the bottom "catch basin" underneath the tube. How can it sense a leak… especially since there is no leak?
Thank You
***** *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 12 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Can you pull the unit out and check the RED wire to the black square capacitor mounted under and to the back of the unit? Often that causes this issue. The wire comes off.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
You obviously didn't read my question… I have the unit pulled out, and there is no "red wire going to a black capacitor" underneath the unit I have. A very poor and incomplete "answer" and I'm still waiting, the next day for an answer with the dishwasher sitting in the middle of the kitchen. I am going to request a refund,
mark
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Incomplete follow up… just terrible rip off.
mark
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I told you it was an "intermittent problem." if the wire was off it would be a constant problem!!!!
mark
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I"m waiting one hour then giving a "BAD" rating…
mark

Mark take care, I would have given you more information as how to test the capacitor for this issue, but you are not happy from the get go. Take care.