Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My microwave oven display says 5E and sends out periodic 4

Customer Question

My microwave oven display says 5E and sends out periodic 4 beeps. The light comes on when door opens, but won't resent or respond to any prompts/time/cooking, etc.
I've turned off the circuit breaker, re-set it, and the same 5E shows on the display.
Please help me, somehow I'm supposed to have Sunday dinner here and have always relied on the microwave to help.
Martha
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

So this error means that your touch control panel is shorted out. You can try to dry out the touchpad with a hair dryer after you have flipped the circuit breaker off in case there is steam causing the short, but other than that the microwave can not be used until the touchpad is replaced I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.