Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a Kenmore oven model #: 790.90152304. It will not

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore oven model #: 790.90152304. It will not bake. When I press the bake button to turn it on the screen reads off. Also when you press broil it reads off. The clock is functioning properly. What is wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 12 months ago.

Hi, this usually means the oven control is shorted. Have you tried locking and unlocking the control panel?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have unplugged and plugged back in. Where is the control panel and how do you lock and unlock?

The clock/timer is the control on this model.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
OK so how do I lock and unlock the control panel?

This model is not showing a lock. Sears showed it having one but they also showed it being 10 years newer.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
if there isn't a way to lock and unlock what could it be that is not allowing the oven to start the bake cycle.

The timer on the clock is shorted most likely. It's the part that usually fails on these units.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The clock is keeping time and the timer is counting down its the left side of the controls that are not functioning all parts allowing the oven to begin to heat

That part of the control is shorted then. Any one of the diodes, capacitors, relays, could fail. Hard to say which one on which side looking at a computer screen and not the oven. the board is causing the issue.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Is this something I could order and replace myself?

You would need to be extremely handy to do so.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Would you have an estimated cost for this repair and possibly a contact number to repair technician in the Hot Springs Va 24445 area.

Estimated cost is roughly $350-400. I'm in the PNW I'm not familiar with your area sorry.