Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

My Kitchenaid dishwasher stopped working. The Normal light

Customer Question

Customer: My Kitchenaid dishwasher stopped working. The Normal light is blinking and I'm unable to operate the dishwasher. Pushing the buttons doesn't work and I have done a power reboot with no luck.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Model KUDIO1ILBS3. What else do you need to know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.
.

During the month of December, all ratings of 3 stars or more, 1/2 of the payment will be donated to help homeless veterans, also all tips given will be donated to 100% to Autism Support Groups.

How fast is the light flashing for you?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No real fast, maybe every second.
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

That is fast, that is a shorted keypad, and the entire keypad will need to be replaced. you can click on the blue link below to see it.

Click here for the part

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There are 3 different parts listed and two are out of stock and the 3rd doesn't have a picture. My control panel is black.
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

The one without the picture is the black one... Go figure it would be the one with out a picture...

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

I noticed that the question is still open, if there is nothing else you need, please rate my service to you today, so I may be credited with helping you...

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If I decide to order the part and replace it I want to make sure that was the correct diagnosis and will then rate the service.
Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

No problem, thank you

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.