Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

My Thermador Slide-In RES30, installed in March 1999, has

Customer Question

My Thermador Slide-In RES30, installed in March 1999, has developed a problem with the oven heating system over the past two weeks. Neither the "bake" nor the "convection cycles will heat past about 200 o. The "Broil" cycle works fine; I've been reduced to heating the oven using "Broil Hi" setting, then watching what's cooking until it appears to be done.
I ran the oven test to see if the thermostat was off calibration. When I hit the "bake" button, then moved the temperature to 505 and immediately again pressed and held the "bake" button for 3-4 seconds, the screen read "00." However, when I ran the same test for the "convection" setting, the screen read "ESC o."
What can you suggest?
Lynn Wood
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this would indicate a faulty convection element or bake element or possibly a voltage issue. You will need a volt/ohm meter to test the elements for 220v. One of the elements is bad or the board is not sending power. Only way to test is with a meter.