John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Samsung front load dryer that powers on but doesn't

Customer Question

I have a Samsung front load dryer that powers on but doesn't start. I press the power button it comes on, I hit play it makes the tone to start and something in the back clicks and it does nothing. What could this be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alex Herbert replied 12 months ago.

Hello my name is Alex. I will be happy to answer your question. Check the house circuit breaker make sure it is not tripped. The dryer has a double breaker if 1 breaker is tripped it will not run correctly. The problem you are having is most likely a broken belt or a blown thermal fuse. Remove the dryer top and see if the belt is broken. This model has a belt switch so the dryer will not start if the belt is broken. The thermal fuse is in the air duct. To access it you will need to remove the dryer front panel. The fuse is located next to the blower outlet. The fuse should have a closed circuit. If the fuse is open it need to be changed. Check your dryer venting for obstructions if the fuse is bad. Here is a video showing how to access the fuse. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leM7XTm7oz8

UNPLUG THE UNIT PRIOR TO TESTING. DO NOT TEST ELECTRICAL CURCUITS UNLESS YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE DOING SO. TEST AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Please rate my service by using the star rating system at the top of the page. This is how I am credited for my time. If you have any additional questions about this issue, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com. Have a great day.