John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My kitchenaid oven door locked on me. I shut down the fuse

Customer Question

Customer: My kitchenaid oven door locked on me. I shut down the fuse box for two minutes, but that failed to reset and open it. How can I unlock the door. The oven is over ten years old - a real piece of manure.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The oven door is locked and will not open. The display panel reads F5:E7.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, if they can tell me how to open the door. No, if they cannot. Is that fair?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Ok you will need to bare with me with out a model number I`m rather blind.

The model number is ***** the inside and with the door locked you can not see it to give it to me.

So have you tried turning the clean cycle back on waiting for 30 seconds and then tried to cancel the clean cycle ? if not let`s try that first.

Do you still need assistance on your question?