MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

I'm ***** *****. It's about a GE range.
, Yep. My model

Customer Question

Customer: I'm ***** *****. It's about a GE range.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yep. My model # ***** ***** and the timer/temp panel is inoperable. It just shows all "888 888"
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK, I'll give it a try.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

Replace the oven control as it has failed, part#WB27K5306. You need to remove the console that it is attached to in order to replace it and the metal cover behind the console under the cooktop, so you just remove all the screws that hold that stuff to the range.