Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Sharp carousel model#1754 screen is locked up...can not get

Customer Question

sharp carousel model#1754 screen is locked up...can not get it to work. I tried unplugging it. also the touch screen has n worked very well since I bought the house. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The touch screen is likely faulty. How long did you leave it unplugged? it can take several hours to facilitate a full reset. If you did not have it unplugged that long, can you do so and report back with any changes, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After having it unplugged several hours the touchscreen does work but does not start the microwave cooking the light comes on and the turntable turns but it does not seem to heat anything and I cannot find where to change high medium or low.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like the electronic control will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information. I'm sure I will be contacting you later for instructions on removal and replacement of said part. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Merry Christmas!