MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

I have a ge profile harmony washer model #WPGT9350C0WW. When

Customer Question

Customer: I have a ge profile harmony washer model #WPGT9350C0WW. When the washer gets to the drain and spin cycle comes up it keeps saying "out of balance" and starts to fill the washer with water. and it does this over and over again until we mess with the load over and over again and it will finally spin and drain. It seems like it is too sensitive to the weight in the tub. is there a setting that can be changed or is there a part failure? I have run a Diagnostic to pull codes from the washer and the only code I have is a code for low water flow. this has always been there as I draw water from a shallow well and I run a pretty low water pressure in my system-45 PSI. Thanks for your help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Did you read what I just sent you....
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 12 months ago.

The most common issue is worn suspension rods or the nut on the rotor is loose. Make sure the nut is tight and if that is fine try a new set of suspension rods.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Suspension rods look ok. How do they wear out? Maybe they need some grease at the pivots? I still would like to know what determines or senses that it is out of balance. I will check the nut you mentioned.

The springs lose some tension over time and can let the tub move too much. Greasing is not a solution. The control board senses what the motor is doing, so that is how it senses an unbalance condition. Electronic parts are costly on this, so I would start with cheaper ones before going in that direction. repairclinic.com allows part returns, so you may consider using them on this repair.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
if the tub seems like it is sitting on the bottom of the rods with a full load on it that may be a good indication that the rods/springs are worn out? Appreciate your answers on a Saturday by the way...

The tub will pull all the way down under a full load. If you press down on each corner it should pop back up at the same rate as all the others. It is sometimes impossible to tell if they are indeed worn- only replacing them will reveal that.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ok. Thanks. Will do some checking and let you know what I find..

ok. Another option you may try is to take off the rotor, loosen and then retighten the stator bolts and put it all back together. For whatever reason that does seem to resolve some of these off-balance issues.