John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have Maytag dishwasher model MDB7600AWW. I close the door

Customer Question

I have Maytag dishwasher model MDB7600AWW. I close the door to begin the cleaning cycle. I press start, all the appropriate lights are illuminated on the panel. The tub fills with water. Then the wash cycle does not begin. after one minute the machine shuts off without anything else happening. I press the the Start/Cycle button and the panel lights up again. I can then drain the tub by canceling the cycle.
Any ideas? Is the motor gone?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 12 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

That sounds like a stalled or motor issue, remove the bottom panel and see if the motor hums after it fills. Let me know