John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Whirlpool is the OEM 1.5 year old Kenmore. Without warning

Customer Question

Whirlpool is the OEM for my 1.5 year old Kenmore. Without warning when I push the big black Start/Pause door lock button the proper lights go on but the door does not lock and the only sign of life is a periodic clicking on the back side of the unit. I removed the rear top covering plate exposing all the wire harnesses and computer chip to check anything that may be loose--all is tight. Unplugged and re-plugged several times to re-boot--no luck. Checked actual locking mechanism on doo--again--no luck..any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

WHat type of unit is this and the model number please. I assume a washer?