Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a question about my Hoover Washing Maching Model OPH

Customer Question

Hello, I have a question about my Hoover Washing Maching Model OPH 614. Is anyone online her that is versed in fixing washing machines? It says only 1 appliance tech is online so I just wanted to make sure before I start typing away my problem... Thanks
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to elaborate... I did a load of laundry. It came out drpping wet. It wasnt alot of clothes at all but I guess it did not drain when it spun or tried to spin. So now..
1. The wshing cycle doesnt drain and so it does not spin (sometimes)
2. It spun today but the clothes were full of soap. I didnt hear the normal sound of water spraying to rinse the clothes...
3. Same thing happens on spin cycle (sometimes)
4. Yesterday it didnt drain at all and I had a big flood when it let me open the front door lol
5. So sometimes it drains with no rinse, sometimes it rinses with no drain, sometimes it just stops, etc...
Any ideas? Thank you! Graham
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The door should not open when there is water in the tub. The pressure switch should prevent that as it monitors the water in the tub. I suspect that may be where the trouble lies with your machine. The pressure switch is mounted at the top of the machine, under the top. It will have a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it (the hose), does air easily pass?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** try in a few after the kiddos go to bed ok? Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sure, thank you!