Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Where is the poly fuse situate on the Waeco cf 80

Customer Question

where is the poly fuse situate on the Waeco cf 80 fridge/freezer
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
My Waeco CF 80 fridge has a flashing red light. According to the internet (Google) mostly everybody who experienced this problem, solved it by replacing the factory fitted 3 Amp poly fuse with a heavy duty 9 Amp poly fuse. However, on the power board appears to be 3 poly fuses. Which one is the one to replace, or where is the one that needs to be replaced, situated?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There are several different issues that can cause the light to flash. How many flashes between pauses?

Two Flashes - Fan over current cutout
If the fan circuit in the control module has a load in excess of 0.5 Amps, the system will fail.

Three Flashes - Motor Start Error
If your error light is flashing three times every 5 seconds, the rotor may be blocked or the differential pressure in the refrigeration system is too high.
Faulty compressor or faulty control module.

Four Flashes - Minimum Motor Speed Error
This failure occurs if the compressor is running slower than 1850 rpm.

Five Flashes - Thermal cut-out of electronic unit
If the error light is flashing five times every 5 seconds, the refrigeration system has been too heavily loaded, or if the surrounding temperature is high, the electronics will run too hot. This is generally caused by not allowing enough ventilation around the vents of your fridge.