Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

New GE jgb860se1jss does not like our old GE profile, takes

Customer Question

new GE jgb860se1jss does not cook like our old GE profile, takes 3 times as long, cooks unevenly, even adjusted temp up by 30 degrees, still had to set it to 375 to get close to actual 350 as determined by the thermometer I bought to check the temps. I suspected they were low and they are. Gas range with propane conversion. Why is the new technology not as good as the old? what can I do about the above problems? Also it takes longer just to heat up on the stove top? why a flame is a flame but the high seems less high than the old one. aaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhhh.. KM
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Most likely the unit is not adjusted properly for LP, that s extremely common when a conversion has been made. If the orifices were cranked down too far the flames will be too low or the regulator may have not been switched or the air shutters may not be adjusted. This is likely a 99% adjustment issue,

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks