Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My name is ***** *****. I have a Capital Range. One of my

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** ***** . I have a Capital Range. One of my burners lights but continues clicking after. it also cause the other burners to click as well. This is the only burner that does this. I've cleaned it but don't know what else to replace. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: that the basics. one of the front buners lights but continues to click. and then it causes my other burners to click as well after they are lit. Like I said, it all stems from the one burner. Non of the others cause this problem
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure, I can wait. I just don't want to buy the wrong parts.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Does your range have an auto spark shut off when the burner lights?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I also see a wire off of the ignitor on that burner. my next question is how do I remove the sealed burner or get access to underneath the burner. I can't get my hand in there from the front. Do i need to pull the range out and remove back panel? my owners manual doesn't show how to get acces to or remove the sealed burners. I did remove the brass venturi, but this does not allow the base of the burner to lift up of so i can try to attach the wire.
let me know what you think I should do. Thanks!Jason P,
My range is a capital precision 48".

You need to remove the brass ring or nut on each burner then the top will lift off to access under it. The wire off is the cause.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks