Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a more elite smart heat quick pack 9 won't start when

Customer Question

I have a ken more elite smart heat quick pack 9 won't start when you push the start button, but it beeps. Door switch is ok thermal fuse is ok.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 12 months ago.

So the thermal fuse is 1 option. The door switch is only bad if it beeps 3 times when you press the start button. If it's only beeping once then the door switch isn't the issue.

The other thing that can cause this issue is if the dryer thinks the belt is broken. So when you have the lower front panel off, do make sure the belt isn't laying on the ground broken. There is a switch next to the motor that is activated when the belt is taut. If by chance the belt is attached and the fuse happens to be good or when you replace it you still have an issue, you'll need to replace the main relay board mounted to the left side wall above the drum because it thinks that either the fuse is bad or the belt is broken. You can't test the control board, so if the fuse and the belt switch (mounted next to the motor under the tensioner pulley) are good---then you need to just replace the main control board due to process of elimination.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.