John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My whirlpool duet washer went off. When I reset it by

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. My whirlpool duet washer went off. When I reset it by holding the end of cycle button, the control lock light blinks slowly, and that is all that happens
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What more do you need? I can't figure out what else to say
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 12 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave I'm happy to help you. I'm hoping this is not a control issue. Let's try this. Unplug the washer for 3 minutes and then try to start the washer. Does it still do the same thing?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I'll go check.

Okay

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
1:20 to go
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
While we wait, what does it mean to be "a control issue?"
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
OKay, I plugged it in, and the same thing. The control locked light ws on. I held down the "end of cycle" button, and all that happens is the "control locked" light blinks slowly.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I sense I have lost you Dave.

Sorry, I am here. Is the door locked and can you hear the pump running?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No I can't here the pump running, and the door is easily opened and closed. The unit went off in the middle of handling a load, probably using the rinse cycle, not sure. The clothes were damp, but don't seem soapy and there was not excess water in the chamber.

We will need to enter diagnostics to see if there are any error codes. What is the model number?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
OKay, model number is *****
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Any news?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I want to go get lunch.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I'm hungry :-)
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Dave, I am laving you! I'm sorry. This is way to slow. I am calling a technician to come visit, I think there is some part internally that has failed. All the water and power hookups seem fine. I have checked that the drains is wet and clear. Probably some electronics failed.

Here is how to start the test cycle; ■ Close the door. ■ Push CONTROL/ON (if present on this model). ■ Select the DRAIN/SPIN cycle. ■ Select NO SPIN by pressing the SPIN SPEED touchpad. ■ Push PREWASH OPTION four times within five seconds. (If PREWASH OPTION is not present on this model, press RINSE HOLD four times within five seconds.) C:00 will light up on the display.

I understand if you don't have the time.