John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a maytag front load washer. The washer control board

Customer Question

I have a maytag front load washer. The washer control board went bad and burned the resister and triac. I purchased a new board, now the drum acts like it wants to turn but just jumps a little in the spin cycle and quits. I then replaced the new conversion motor control board and motor. The exact thing happens, it just jumps a bit and quits. I am lost now.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Does it agitate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, and I do have 115V at the motor control and have continuity through the switches around the drum.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When you say agitate is the drum supposed to reverse quickly? Now it reverses every minute or so in cycle.

Does the drum turn freely by hand?