Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have to replace a Part # WR84X10012 in my GE monogram

Customer Question

I have to replace a Part # ***** in my GE monogram refrigerator model # ***** . It is the heating element under the condensation pan that drains from the freezer. The part is no longer available from Ge or any dealer. I did find a seller on Ebay that is willing to sell me the part from a refrigerator he is selling....but needs to know how to remove it. Any suggestions for me finding directions? I really need help since he is in Ohio and I am in PA and this seems to be the only lead I have at getting this part.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! That "element" is part of the sealed system, the condenser. It will require the refrigerant be evacuated from the sealed system, and cut out. It is number 5491 in the picture at the link below. If it is faulty, the refrigerator will not cool. Are you sure yours is bad?

CLICK HERE