Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a small drip under my maytag dishwasher and it's not

Customer Question

I have a small drip under my maytag dishwasher and it's not a pipe - warranty just expired
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The number you have listed is a part number. Can I get the full model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the TUB and can be seen if you open the door?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will do gu32ooxtxy3
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK, is there any way you can take a picture of the water under the dishwasher so I can see about where it's leaking from? There is a paper clip above the text box if you're on Chrome which you can use to attach pictures so I can see them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no i have a friend coming out who works on them part time power shut off it is dripping behind the hoses under spraying mech
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK that sounds like your circulation pump or one of the seals on the sump assembly is leaking. You will have to track back exactly where it's leaking from but if it's coming from the large plastic sump, the entire sump would need to be replaced. If it's coming from the circulation pump you may be able to replace the o-rings/seals, otherwise the entire pump would need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does not drip all time trying to get a heads up for him idea if you don't have any dont charge me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
guess it's 5 bucks anyway will call my credit card and tell them to pay only that
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Yes I understand it won't drip all the time. Most likely you're looking at a bad circulation pump, but until you pull it out and determine where it's leaking for certain how can you expect anyone to tell you with any certainty what is leaking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wanna be fair but not ripped off has happened to much w/ internet lol wasnt bein rude thanx
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You are being rude and saying you don't want to pay for my time I've helped you.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

no one is ripping you off.