John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Our viking dishwasher seemed to turn on when I was just

Customer Question

Our viking dishwasher seemed to turn on when I was just loading a glass. It sounds like the pump is running. None of the buttons work when pushed even the stop button. The heavy duty button is lit. I have turned of the breaker and back on again but the the sound continues. What might be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alex Herbert replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is Alex. I will be happy to answer your question. It sounds like you may have a leak underneath your dishwasher. Once the dishwasher leak detector detects a leak, the drain pump turns on and will not shut off until the leak stops. I will need a model number from your dishwasher to see which model you have to proceed further.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Alex,
It is too late to continue this evening. I will try and find the model number tomorrow. What time zone are you in. Mine is Pacific Standard TimeCheers,Doug

I am on Mountain time. So the time on the message you just sent shows 10:11 PM.