Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Thermador 364glbs 07 will not heat up over 200. It goes gher

Customer Question

Thermador 364glbs 07 will not heat up over 200. It goes higher when I toggle between bake and convection. The oven will maintain temp at higher temp (tried 400 for 1 hour). The issue is that it will not remain on long enough to heat up
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also tried to broil and the igniters glowed but did not get any heat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi anyone there? You charged 5$ and that was 2 days ago
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the bake igniter is weak and is not opening the valve all the way or is not holding it open. Do you see a glow from under the oven floor when set to bake?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took the bottom plate off to expose the bake burner tube. The burner turns on ok and then turns off at about 200 but the heat light is still on. The oven starts to cool at that point. I can get the oven hotter if I toggle between bake and convection to force the burner to turn on. This gets it to high temps and then it regulates to a temp. This tells me that the temp sensor is ok.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The issue is that the gas valve does not stay open long enough to heat up
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a clamp on meter to test current draw with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a clamp on meter but do have a dmm
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

That igniter has to draw at least 3.2 amps to open the valve and keep it fully open. I suspect it is weak and is dropping current draw and allowing the valve to drop out. I would replace the igniter.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Where is the igniter that you sent. There is a spark igniter on the bottom burner tube and I see two igniters on the top of the oven that look just like the one you sent. The igniters on the top only glow when in broil mode
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Odd, the parts show the bottom uses a glow igniter, too. Use sand paper to clean the lower igniter electrode and the area of the burner it sparks to. Does it change behavior at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The bottom igniter looks like Bosch part 00418885. This sparks to turn on the large burner tube on the bottom of the oven. Are there other burners that should be on?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

No, just the lower bake burner. Did you sand the igniter electrode and burner tube yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just sanded it and it took a while to start but behavior is the same. What does the sanding do? Is there supposed to be constant spark? I hear a noise before the gas turns off.