Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a kitchenaid fridge and the control panel is dead, no

Customer Question

I have a kitchenaid fridge and the control panel is dead, no lights, ice and water not working, fridge cools normal
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Have you tried to unplug the unit for 1 full minute and plug it back in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no i havn't

Try that and let me know first

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no luck the panel is still dead

Are the inside lights dead as well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no the lights in both sides work and the fridge cools properly

OK then you need to replace part #11 at the link below, very common issue. It will work fine as the display is just bad until you get a new one.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where can i find replacement instructions? I am assuming it is screwed to the door from the inside.

It comes with them and is easy to change it just pops out from the bottom side edge two tabs (use a putty knife) and comes right out. Very easy to change.