Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I get moisture in my ge profile fridge on wall next to

Customer Question

I get moisture in my ge profile fridge on wall next to freezer. It's near a small oval vent
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So unfortunately this is an issue which can not be repaired. It's somewhat common for the insulation on these GE profile refrigerators to break down over time and then the freezer doesn't insulate well between the freezer and refrigerator so there are areas that will build up moisture inside the refrigerator. It's not a repairable issue. This is something you would have to live with until you replace the entire refrigerator I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I put some insulation behind that little vent?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

That would block off the air from the freezer to the refrigerator and likely affect the refrigerator temperature. You can try with styrofoam but I think you'll have issues with the temperature inside the refrigerator if you do that.