Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Kenmore electric range Model # 79097453802 When using oven

Customer Question

kenmore electric range Model # ***** When using oven or broiler it smells like rubber burning. I took back off to see if any wires were burnt. The only thing I can see burned is the insullation behind the 2 connections above the fan. The connections go to the board.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 12 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

If this is new it may be oil burning off or something may have gotten on the broil element. Have you tried to run it to see if the smell burns off? Often it is just that nothing in the unit as there really is not much that can actually burn in the oven itself.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks