Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

My GE oven shuts off after a few minutes

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The only thing that would cause the oven to shut off after starting a cycle is if you pressed the cancel button or if the display board itself was corrupt and just shut off on it's own. A sensor going bad would cause an F2 or F3 error to appear on the screen and the oven wouldn't stop beeping. Unfortunately you'll need to order and replace part number WB27T11151 which is the display board in order to resolve the issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the control board but now I get a error code FOJ. What should I do next? Thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Not sure what to say because that's not a valid error code F0 is a bad touchpad but no idea what FOJ means. maybe the board came faulty.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It definitely says FOJ. Is there anything I can do other than replace the touchpad. This is a Canadian model .I don't know if that makes any difference
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

You can make sure the touch control panel is securely plugged into the display board but other than that either the display board came faulty or the touchpad is bad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did exactly as you said and replaced the part that you indicated but now I get the error code FOJ. Now you are saying to replace the touch pad. What do you suggest?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry this is a different issue than the first issue and I have already told you what needs to be done to correct this second issue. I have no other suggestions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it's not a different issue. The oven is doing exactly what it was before but I have an error code also. The stove still shuts off after a few minutes.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I'm going to opt out as you just don't seem to be reasonable. Clearly it's a different error as it's giving you an error code and it wasn't before. I have given you help for days now with nothing in return so you may have the time I have given you already and I wish you the best.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am obviously not satisfied with your advice and have spent $237 for the part and invested a lot of time with no success whatsoever. I do Not want to be charged for the "advice" you provided and if you do I will be disputing the matter with my credit card provider.
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 1 year ago.

See if you can get your money back for the control board - depends on the place you purchased it - some won't let you return an electronic part. You need the touch control panel - part number is ***** and the cheapest source I found is from www.repairclinic.com - $173.00