Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Troubleshooting question: door on front loading washer is

Customer Question

Troubleshooting question: door on front loading washer is locked. Can't unlock it.
Tried pressing Control Lock. Doesn't help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

If the door itself is locked and won't unlock, the control lock won't fix that issue. You'll need to manually unlock the door. To unlock the door, remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The panel will then pull straight down and off. Once you remove this panel you can reach up behind the upper front panel and pull down on the small plastic pull tab attached to the bottom of the door lock assembly. This will manually unlock the door so you can open the door.

Try the washer again and if it won't work on it's own or won't unlock/start then you either have a bad door latch that will need to be replaced or the washer isn't draining and the tub is full of water so you have a drain issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.