Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a Whirlpool Wall mounted Oven/Microwave combo. It's

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Wall mounted Oven/Microwave combo. It's model number if PM280PXA0. I need to replace the Microwave only - any ideas? Thanks.
Allen Rembert
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 12 months ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.
.

During the month of December, all ratings of 3 stars or more, 1/2 of the payment will be donated to help homeless veterans, also all tips given will be donated to 100% to Autism Support Groups.

Where did you come up with this model number? Are you sure the model number is ***** something like GMC305PRB01? Also why do you want to replace the microwave?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
We purchased this unit in 1995. Last week, the button that opens the door to the microwave got stuck in such a way that we cannot use the microwave. The oven part works fine.Because of the age, I thought it best to replace the microwave. I found the model number on the inside of the door to the oven. Any ideas?Allen
Expert:  Chas replied 12 months ago.

Well for the most part, it would be very, very hard to replace the microwave. There are no dimension guides for these microwave, as the dimensions are set for the entire oven and microwave, it may be a lot easier to fix the door latch and a lot cheaper than any other method. Yo may only need a cheap part like a slide block or something, can you post a picture of the broken area of the machine?

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

I noticed that the question is still open, if there is nothing else you need, please rate my service to you today, so I may be credited with helping you...

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.

Expert:  Chas replied 11 months ago.