MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

I've got an error code E1 on an LG ldf8072st dishwasher. The

Customer Question

I've got an error code E1 on an LG ldf8072st dishwasher. The code shows up after about 10 -15 minutes of operation at which point the drain pump starts to run and keeps running continuously. If I press the power button it turns off and then immediately turns back on with flashing lights, E1 code, and spinning drain motor. If I tip the dishwasher forward (lift the back a couple of inches) I can hear a faint click and the drain motor stops spinning. I can then power the unit off. I I let it go back to level it clicks again, and turns back on with lights, beeps, spinning drain motor and E1 code. Sometimes if I return it to level very gently or after leaving it tipped forward for an hour or so it will stay off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Have you checked under the unit for water in the flood basin?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't see any water under the dishwasher. From the sound when it drains it sounds as though most of the water gets pumped out and then there is kind of a slight sputtering sound as the drain motor continues to run once the water is gone

Watch this video and see if that is your issue if there is not leak

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have watched that video and checked for any lose wires. No indication of such. Are you familiar with this or similar models from LG?

Yes have you checked the flood basin sensor?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nowhere in the documentation for this dishwasher does it refer to a flood basin - Is the term used interchangeably with sump?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What is this? You send me a link to a youtube video that I saw before coming here and then the conversation is closed with anything else being followup questions or tips? I never accepted your answer as even relevant to the question I asked, and I'm not even partially convinced that you are familiar with the product I'm asking about.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm all for giving you a chance to follow through and give a useful response, but you don't seem responsive at the moment. Right now you are looking at 1 star. I'll wait 10 minutes so you don't get treated unfairly due to any lag like you mentioned.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 11 months ago.

I am an Lg servicer. I will explain to you what to check here via a phone call as posting replies has obviously not worked for you. I am making you an offer for such a call and if you accept it then I can do this tomorrow evening as I have had enough for today. I will not answer this thru postings back and forth, so it's your choice as to what to do.