John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My Samsung oven model BE58F9710WS will not turn on. Only the

Customer Question

My Samsung oven model BE58F9710WS will not turn on. Only the start button though and the those on the same row. All others work. I'll mention that it's a touch screen
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon Sir or Madam,

I need your help to diagnose the issue without seeing it.

Please provide information on the following -

Who installed and hooked up this range?

When was it installed?

Did the oven controls work correctly initially and after some time this problem has developed?

When this screen is left alone is should go "black". Does you control do that?

What exactly happens when you touch the "start" button?

Thank you for your help in understanding your issue.

Bernie

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We installed the range.
It was installed on the 14 of November.
The oven controls worked fine when it was installed up until this passed Monday.
When the screen is left alone it goes black as it should.
When we touch the start button nothing happens it does not start at all. Actually, all the touches on the same column as the the start touch button don't work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I appreciate your help.
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 1 year ago.

I am going to give you some basic steps to follow to see if it will resolve in a simple fashion.

1. Disconnect and range from the outlet.

2. IF you have a voltage tester and understand how to SAFELY check the voltage of the outlet. Check that there is the correct voltage on each leg. If you have never done this before PLEASE find someone else to check this. This can be dangerous if you have not experience do this.

3. Check that CORD has been attached correctly. You are looking to see if the ground is loose and/or you have crossed the live feeds. Check your installation book to certain.

4. Before you plug the range back in, touch the control panel as if to activate it.

5. These simple steps have resolve many service calls.

If you have done all this already-

It is equally possible that the board is either NOT installed completely or has gone BAD. I have seen this unit simply NOT have the board installed correctly.

I would NOT recommend opening the machine because it IS COMPLETELY covered by the MFG for ONE YEAR. The diagnostic for the board would require a trained tech in order to keep your warranty. Unauthorized persons working on the machine will VOID the Manufacturer's warranty.

Please let me know if you would like more information and/or clarification.

Bernie

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello, the information u gave me did not help. We wanted help without having to call a technician. My credit card was charged an extra $44.00. The advice was not worth that. Please refund my card because the the advice was not helpful at all.
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 11 months ago.

Good Evening,

You did not respond and I'm guessing that the process was automated to charge. Please simply contact customer service and they will refund the account. I'm sorry that you didn't find the information helpful. It was the most accurate you could be given under the circumstances.

Bernie