Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Samsung DV45H7200ew/a2 that remains on even after I

Customer Question

I have a Samsung DV45H7200ew/a2 that remains on even after I turn it off via the control panel. It does not seem to heat either while it perpetually stays on. It turns off only when I open the door. It does not seem to respond to control panel, I can toggle through most of the options besides adjusting the time and it wont toggle to extra low temp but it does toggle to other temp settings (still no heat tho). I had this same peoblem a couple weeks ago and it magically fixed itself after unplugging the unit a bunch of times. Any suggestions? Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

You need to replace the main control board on the unit. Here is the part number

DC92-01624D

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wasn't satisfied with the answer. I replaced the control board with the part you said I needed, but I have the exact same problem. I already knew the part number for that control board. If you have another idea let me know because I am about to request a refund.
Thanks.

Is any error showing on the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No error, it will give me a door open error if I open the door which is how I stop the dryer. I also tried using the Samsung Smart Washer app, but it doesnt seem to connect. I should also mention while I was waiting for the control board part to come in it started working normally for one load, but now its having the same issue in that it wont stop and no heat.

If it is not heating it will keep running, you may just have a heating issue.