Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My kitchenaid dishwasher worked yesterday and now it has

Customer Question

my kitchenaid dishwasher worked yesterday and now it has seems to have no power I checked and the fuse box was not tripped
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? The model should be located on a sticker around the front frame of the TUB and can be seen if you open the door.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kuds35fxss9
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So unfortunately this dishwasher doesn't have a fuse like most Kitchen Aid units do. Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today. If you're certain that there is power getting to the dishwasher, remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box with the wire connections in it. Turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher before servicing. Remove the cover plate and look at the wire connections to see if any of the wires in the junctions box have shorted out. If they have been shorted or melted, you'll need to cut them back and re-wire them. If you find nothing at all wrong with the connections, then your control panel itself has failed and will need to be replaced so below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model number.

CLICK HERE for control panel

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.