Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I am working on a Frigidaire oven and F7 is displayed over

Customer Question

I am working on a Frigidaire oven and F7 is displayed over the control knobs of burners and none of the burners will work. The oven is working fine. Could it be the user interface board or the power board or the element controls?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 12 months ago.

Hi there, could you give me the model number of the unit please, thanks.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Model: GLEF396ASA

A fault code F7 10 on the ESEC (Electronic Surface Element Control) of this model indicates that the ribbon keytail connection from a surface unit user interface control board is loose or disconnected, if the ribbon from the control to the board looks good, slip it out and try to clean it with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol if not the ribbon on the element control in question will prob need replaced.

basically it's a communication error between the surface element control and the board. So that is what you are looking for.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that
you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page
or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find
but it's there). Rating me will not in any affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.
TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.