Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Oven will not heat up, happenned after i did self cleaning,

Customer Question

oven will not heat up, happenned after i did self cleaning , Its a Kenmore Elite 07, mod # ***** Type 3S5A, serial #..NF70213899
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So there is a high limit thermostat on the back of the oven. You'll need to pull the oven out and remove the back sheet metal panel. There is a 1" round device with 2 wires going to it. If it has a red button on this switch you can press it hard and it'll reset. If there is no button then it's not resettable so the high limit thermostat switch needs to be ordered and replaced. In the future when you run self clean, make sure you set it for a time shorter like 2:30 or else the oven has a tendency to trip this thermostat since the oven gets so hot.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We cant find a 1" round device with reset button. It seems the fan isnt running.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I didn't say there was definitely a reset button. I mentioned that is MAY have a reset button and if not then it just needs to be replaced if it doesn't have continuity through it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what part needs to be replaced?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

That 1" round part which should be mounted to the back of your oven with 2 wires going to it. It's usually black and silver in color.