John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Got a Whirlpool washer (stackable) that we just replaced

Customer Question

Got a Whirlpool washer (stackable) that we just replaced timer, yet it continues to stop mid cycle on agitate? What could it be? Mod# *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So it stops mid agitation cycle you say. If you advance the timer on it's own will it continue washing? Can you ever get it to spin and drain if you move the timer by hand? Once it stops does the washer need to sit for awhile before you can start it again?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It won't complete wash cycle even when we advance it, sometimes we can go to next cycle after the rinse and it was wash again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's hap hazard
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK but it will never drain and spin?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it drains and spins
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK and when it stops will it start back right up again if you mess around with the dial or do you need to wait a before it'll start up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do you mean by start up? When we pull and push it does drain and response immediately
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

I see the last person has opted out of your question!

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

When the unit stops in the agitation mode ,if you advance the timer dial by hand your saying that at times the unit will still not operate even after replacing the timer is that correct?

Your replies do not give a clear picture of the issue .

The last person asked when it stops if you then turn the dial and pull the timer knob out will it start immediately and your answer was not clear.