Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My dishwasher top drawer will not drain

Customer Question

my dishwasher top drawer will not drain
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 12 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

What is the model and have you checked the siphon gap next to the sink faucet for a blockage?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Where is the model number? where is the siphon gap?

The model should be on the frame edge when you open a drawer and a siphon gap is that small cap next to your sink faucet if you have one. Also does the motor run but just not pump?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I will go look for the model number couldn't find it before and are you saying the siphon would be on top of the sink area?

Yes like this

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Looking. Now

OK When you find it just post, I will be out for lunch for about 30-40 minutes I will respond back

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I sent you photos not sure why you went to lunch in middle of this conversation I was sending pics
there is no siphon on top of sink area. It looks like the gray wheel with 3-4 spokes has moved and needs to be replaced not sure if that is the problem
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
here are a couple of pix the best I can do on the model number and a pic of the bottom of the top drawer

If you lift the wash arm off the rotor does that rotor with the fins turn freely?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
what is the wash arm and the rotor ( is that the pic I sent you?)

The wash arm is the wash arm in the drawer I did not get any other pic other than the model numbers. They were both the same pic.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
here
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
it turns

Yes lift that off and under it is a rotor with fins see if that turns.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
both turn

OK if you remove the small filter do you see a hole there?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Where

OK with the rotor out in the pic and that small food filter removed there is a Hole about 1/8+" wide that runs from the filter to the rotor do you see it?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
This?

That pic is really blurry, the hole is part of the sump(the gray base) it runs between the filter to the rotor hole.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I don't understand

OK when you remove the small filter cup screen that is kinda kidney shaped there is a drain port hole that runs from there to where you took that rotor out that often gets blocked and the unit will not pump out water.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have removed the little grey spin cap now I have the 3 legged prong on top of blue thing bottom part is brown where am I looking

A phone call would work better would you be willing to pay more for a phone call?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Nothing is kidney shaped am I looking at the wrong parts

We are just on to different pages and there are a lot of customers to get to, so a phone call would be faster than typing all this back and forth.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Your directions are not very good I have sent u lots of pics and u have referred to none of them
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I will end this chat cancel my order and leave feed back remember u took a 40 minute break for lunch in the middle of this "hel" message