John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have new duets that are upright models. when I quickly

Customer Question

We have new duets that are upright models. when I quickly pushed the stop button after starting the wash cycle to throw in an extra item this AM the door is stuck on lock and is flashing. The start and stop button still makes chime noises but does nothing. I tried to do the lock and unlock feature and that did nothing. What is going on? thanks!
Charlie from Burr Ridge Ill...901(###) ###-####
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
And let`s unplug the unit from the wall for 5 minute or more to reboot the control board. and see what it does.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do not know model number but it is a nice new one from ABT and I am not at home. Please just give me a one time charge as WE ARE NOT SIGHNING UP
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A MONTHLY QUESTION DEAL/ THANKS MUCH

I as an appliance expert have nothing to do with charges nor do we even see your personal info or your credit info.

You may have to unplug the unit for over 5 minutes to reboot the control board .

If that does not work if your unit has a lower front panel ,you will need to remove it (two screws on the bottom of the panel.

and reach up on the right side of the door and pull down on the lock /latch lever.

But most Duets to pause the washer just press start/pause, not stop or the power button

Let me know if you have anymore questions.