Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Have a fisher pakkell dd24 bottom drawer wont run. top

Customer Question

have a fisher pakkell
dd24 bottom drawer wont run. top drawer runs fine. power button doesnt work on bottom drawer. but drawer will power on when it is opened. but will not run or power off by power button. manual says to press lock button and Eco button inside drawer to get fault codes. Tried that it does nothing. Works on top drawer though
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 12 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

When that happens that is a main board failure. That is very common in that unit. The man board is located behind the drawer panel. If you remove the two pins with the drawer open the panel will slide straight down and off exposing the inside of the unit to replace the board. You can get a new board from here CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Got the front metal door panel off. How do you get the white plastic cover off controller

You need to release the lock tab on the side then slide it and it should drop out

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Left side or right side? Near the mirror refractors? Is the tab white or grey. Control box is white. Has hinges on bottom for cover to come off but won't clear top lip of drawer unless whole white box comes out

With the front removed, the control board will be located in the top right corner of the cabinet. The board has two prongs on either side that pivot the control in and out of position. The board is held into position with a tab on the side. A flat head screw driver works well to depress the tab releasing the control board. The wires that plug into the side of the control board are also held down with a clip. Use a small flat head to release the wire harness.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Do the clear acrylic mirror refractors come out with the control box when you pull it out?

They should stay there

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I clicked on the link you supplied to find the part and I cannot locate the control board anywhere. Part # ***** *****
Any other sources for this?

Try this place or Fisher Paykel themselves at 1-***-***-****

CLICK HERE