Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My may tag washer - top loading, water is not draining from

Customer Question

My may tag washer - top loading, water is not draining from tub after wash cycle. Tried repeatedly to drain water during wash / wash cycles. What next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 12 months ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
MAV6200AWW

OK perfect, so the washer won't drain, does it make any noise when it should drain or spin? Also, if you turn the timer back to wash does it still agitate?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No - unusual noise. Yes - agitate when control setting to wash

Disconnect the belt below the washer and see if the motor will run without anything connected when you set it to spin. If not then you need to replace the main timer control because that is the only thing that would stop the motor from running during spin and not through washer. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for timer

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Help me understand you - 1) washer / motor will run& agitater working. Washer runs spin cycle fine. Washer will not drain water. Tell me again what your recommendation is.

How does the washer spin if it's not draining? that's impossible on this washer.

I asked if the washer was making any noises when it should be draining/spinning and you said no. How can it spin with no noise? There is a apparently miscommunication here so I'm going to send you an option to speak by phone if you'd like to continue.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
At this moment, the washer is in the spin cycle; the tub i spinning. Again, not making unusual noises.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Problem - water is not draining from the tub.

I sent you the option to speak by phone if you'd like to continue

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you for your time. I removed the towels (3 bath towels) from the washer tub and the water drained.

take care.